Areas of Expertise:
An expert in research methodology and development of models in spatial research, and their implementation in economic and marketing feasibility studies. Expert in information strategy and public opinion research
- An expert with an international reputation, who implements developments in spatial research in the planning of economic and social systems, education and welfare – from the municipal level to the national level. Works in Israel and abroad.
- The first to bring Israel and Tel Aviv University the field of GIS as a new scientific branch.
Developer of the scientific field “geokg”. Over 30 years of experience in Israel and abroad, including the development and operation of geo-economic models such as:
- A National Prioritization Model for Industrial / Employment Zones in the State of Israel, conducted for the Ministry of Finance
- Planning the deployment strategy of network branches, including TOYS-R-US, IKEA, Home Center, Cinema City, Ace, Auto Depot, Zara, Shilav, banks, including City-Bank and HSBC.
- Income-producing real estate projects abroad: Jordan, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Portugal, Romania, Poland, Kazakhstan
- Estimates of market size in Israel, Macro-Economic work of the food market, cosmetics market, clothing market, etc.
- A national economic-marketing optimization model for the deployment of Israeli lottery branches
- Support of newspaper systems, including the development of a distribution model for subscribers
- A model for optimizing the deployment of cellular communications services in Israel
- Prioritizing regional and national projects for the Jewish Agency, evaluating social and regional projects
- Many research and strategic planning work in the areas of drug abuse prevention, community policing and public safety
12.2020: Prof. Avi Degani is the political and social surveyor for the Albanian television company, ABC News Albania: